Sunday, October 19, 2008

Information Desk


info-desk-p20
Originally uploaded by ck^2
Check out this information desk. I found this, on a trip to Bahamas. That was about 3 years ago. The trip was in december, maybe it was not a peak travel season. I took the photo in the early afternoon, around 3pm. We had a few hours to stroll, before we got back on the cruise ship back to the US.

I guess, it was setup, more like a wishing well. You came up to the desk, and asked your question, only to make up your own response.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CK,

This could be more like a "physical" wikipedia, where, people come up with their own topics and give their own response. If this were recorded on a sheet of paper or a clamped board, to leave it in the booth, other people visiting there can get information. Then they can fine tune it, if they feel its wrong (ie., info about Bahamas).

But, the problem is that there is no sure way to keep the information consistent with actual facts. And of-course, my assumption here is that people would read the info notes when they visit the booth.

The above mentioned point may seem pointless, but, I feel that this is the same reason, people trust Wikipedia, Google Maps etc., etc., : virtual information, more than physical "people". At the end, I have to agree with your point that, I now, came up with my own imaginary topic in a virtual booth and gave my own response... :)

--xh-- said...

ck, a total unrelated comment - Kluless4 is out - let us start playing :)