Sunday, April 07, 2019

Why is the world we live in, unfair



Why is the world we live in, unfair

Sitting in luxury, high over the road
Inside my car, blowing cool conditioned air
Driven around my town, life passing by
Looking thru the window, hidden i spy

Honk blaring, the driver guns thru traffic
Weaving left then right, gifting an odd scare
The window, insulates me with its pane
Insecure within, but allowing me to feign

Soon i notice, my neighbor, just outside
On a bike, in the bus, or just standing there
I shiver and shudder, at the sheer vulgarity
Its loud and clear, no evading the disparity

Blood for blood, we are just the same
Shame builds inside me, tellingly unfair
 There's someone outside, not that fortunate
And could this be passed, as a quirk of fate

Grant me this, when i discern these things
That i be able, willing to help and care
Guide me then, to quit thinking and act
Count my blessing, and go make some impact


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely CK. I keep pondering the same things all the time. This is KB Arvind from Bains school and MCCS

ck said...

😀
So am not alone. Maybe we picked the same virus strain from Bains.
Like I ranted, doing small bits, want to do more.

But these thoughts keep nagging me.