Friday, July 25, 2008

God's own Country...

I have watched this song on and off on Asianet. I just assumed the tune and music was classical (ie meaning tuned long back). I found recently that the music was created by none other than ARR. But more than the tune, it is the lyrics by P Bhaskaran, that touch me.

I know there are other songs that describe kerala - devathinte swantham naadu.
But here is something to enjoy.




Shyama Sundara Kera Kedara Bhoomi
Jana jeevitha pala dhaanya sambana bhoomi
Ithu shyama Sundara Kera Kedara Bhoomi....

Manavaarku samatha nalkiya mavalithan bhoomi
Madhura mahitha
Lalitha kalakal
Viriyum malarvaadi
Shyama Sundara Kera Kedara Bhoomi.....

Thaalamela vaadya naadam saahidheyaam pokile geetham
Vividha jaathi Matha vamshaka sahajare polu onnai
Nava yugathin ponprathirukal vilayicheedum bhoomi

Shyama Sundara Kera Kedara Bhoomi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is the best song describing kerala i have ever heard.ARR you are great!